Applications for the 2019 award are now welcomed:
- Participants are invited to write an essay with the title ‘How to get the radiologist out of the shadows: Discuss..’
- The maximum word limit is 1000 words
- All medical students, foundation doctors and core trainees are eligible
- Participants must register for the event prior to submitting their application
- The winner will be reimbursed the delegate fee for attending the Top Tips for Radiology Conference on 9 December 2019 and the winning essay will be published on the BIR website
Please submit your essay to Lucy Stewart on email@example.com by 5pm Friday 4 October 2019. The winner will be announced at the conference.
About the 2018 Award
Dr Fiona McCurdie from North West London Healthcare Trust was awarded complimentary entry to the BIR 'Future of Radiology: Top topics for ST and consultant interviews' event on 10 December. She is pictured receiving her award from one of the event's speakers, Professor Duncan Ettles, Consultant Interventional Radiologist at Hull and East Yorkshire NHS Trust.
You can read her award winning essay here.