The BIR/Siemens research bursary is awarded in memory of Sir James Mackenzie Davidson, a pioneer in British radiology.
This pump priming award has been set up to provide initial financial support to enable researchers to develop proposals with the aim of attracting further funding from external sources. The research must be in the fields of radiology, radiotherapy, oncology, radiography or medical physics.
Announcing the winner of the 2018 award
This has been awarded to Dr Sotirios Bisdas from University College Hospital, London to fund his work on Functional and structural connectivity substrates of cognition alterations in glioma patients receiving chemoradiation. His award was presented at the BIR Annual Congress by Dr Jane Phillips-Hughes and Carl Smith, Regional Sales Manager from Siemens Healthineers.
Applications for the 2019 award close on 31 December 2018.
Application Form and Guidelines
- To provide pump-priming an award of £1000 is available
- Applicants must submit a brief outline of the intended research project with their application
- Applicants must be BIR members
- Applications and outlines will be judged by the Awards and Prizes Committee
- The award will usually be presented at UKRCO but can also be given at any other suitable scientific meeting.
2017 Dr Susan Shelmerdine and team
2016 Dr Luke Dixon and team
2015 Dr Karen Eley