The Clinical Intelligence and Informatics SIG is a stimulating forum for everyone working with and setting up information systems supporting radiological diagnostic or therapeutic practices. One of the aims is to explore how data can be better harnessed to improve clinical outcomes.
(Pictured from left Alex Peck, Kevin Tucker, Amandeep Sandu, Andrew Reilly, Matt Dunn and Vijay Jayaram)
If you would like to join the new group and contribute to events and activities, please complete the expression of interest form here
Latest SIG News – March 2019
The group had the first meeting of 2019 on 12 March. They welcomed a new member to the Management Group, Dr Vineet Prakash, who is a Consultant Radiologist and nuclear medicine physician at Royal Surrey County Hospital.
Main items for discussion were:
- Last year’s successful event on AI is will be repeated on 29 March 2019 organised by both and Clinical Intelligence & Informatics and Clinical Imaging SIGs. Like before, the event will be a collaboration with the Royal College of Radiologists.
- Big Data – taking place 22 November 2019
In other news:
- They heard about the new Resource Sharing Platform that the BIR hope to launch in 2019. This will be a membership benefit and will give access to various resources, including guidance documents, policy documents and templates, with a view to avoiding duplication and improving best practice.
- BJR|Open – Article processing charges were introduced in January 2019 – Article Processing Charges are £480 for members / £600 for non-members.
- Don’t forget our selection of podcasts – at least one podcast is recorded a month.