8 November 2017
Agfa HealthCare announces today that, following a competitive procurement tender by NHS Supply Chain, it has signed a five-year contract for the implementation of an Enterprise Imaging for Radiology suite at the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow, Essex, UK. The new platform will support the hospital’s efficiency and patient care goals, as well as promote regional and local collaboration between all players in the patient’s healthcare.
- Enterprise Imaging for Radiology offers a unified imaging platform, intuitive use, embedded clinical tools, reporting functionality and a powerful workflow engine, maximizing productivity.
- XERO universal image viewer provides secure access to reports and images outside the conventional boundaries of the healthcare enterprise.
- The scalable solution can be sized to fit the imaging requirements of each hospital, and extended to include other image-producing departments.
Advanced functionality, on the desktop and remotely
Princess Alexandra Hospital is one of three busy hospitals run by the Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust, which serves a population of around 350,000. A long-term Agfa HealthCare customer, the hospital was looking to upgrade its existing image management solution. Enterprise Imaging for Radiology was chosen as the best solution to meet the Trust’s needs. The Trust highlighted its appreciation of the XERO Viewer’s functionality and Enterprise Imaging’s ease of use in a single solution.
The new, five-year contract includes:
- Enterprise Imaging for Radiology, sized to handle a volume of around 260,000 imaging studies per year, with an annual growth rate of 10%.
- Ascalable vendor-neutral archive(VNA), which can be adapted at the hospital’s own pace to include images from other departments. This supports the Trust’s plans to integrate cardiology, medical photography and endoscopy images in the future.
- Reporting and advanced clinical applications such as MIP/MPR and Volume Viewing embedded on the radiologist’s desktop, as well as TeraRecon advanced image post-processing capabilities.
- T he web-based XERO universal image viewer, which provides secure access to reports and images, outside the conventional boundaries of the healthcare enterprise. GPs and referrers benefit from faster report turnaround, enabling timely treatment or onward referral of patients. The XERO Viewer captured the 2017 KLAS award for the Universal Image Viewer category. Its XERO Xtend feature set adds full fidelity view functionality to the solution.
- Business Intelligence (BI), which enables the Trust hospital to access all information in the unified platform, in order to create standard and custom reports for governance and for local decision-making on best working practices.
Faster reporting and diagnosis
“We are very pleased that our relationship with the Princess Alexandra Hospital Trust is being extended, and that the hospital sees the benefits and efficiencies of our latest Enterprise Imaging platforms,” comments Grant Witheridge, Managing Director UK & EIRE, Agfa HealthCare.
“The Enterprise Imaging for Radiology suite answers our needs today, while offering the scalability and flexibility to support our future plans as well,” highlights Stephen Townrow, Imaging Systems Manager, Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust. “Within the hospital, it will enable an increase in reporting capability, speed of diagnosis and ultimately patient outcomes. For our professional staff home and remote-working will be facilitated, with the entire Tool Set including voice recognition and advanced clinical applications available. Reaching beyond the hospital walls the solution will support our efforts to promote regional and local collaboration between clinicians, patients and other healthcare stakeholders.”
The Agfa-Gevaert Group is one of the world’s leading companies in imaging and information technology. Agfa develops manufactures and markets analogue and digital systems for the printing industry (Agfa Graphics), for the healthcare sector (Agfa HealthCare), and for specific industrial applications (Agfa Materials). Agfa is headquartered in Mortsel, Belgium. The company is present in 40 countries and has agents in another 100 countries around the globe.
About Agfa HealthCare
Agfa HealthCare, present in one hospital out of two, is a leading provider of eHealth & Digital Imaging solutions. Care organizations in over 100 countries rely on Agfa HealthCare to optimize their efficiency and improve patient care.
For more information on Agfa HealthCare, please visit www.agfahealthcare.com or the Agfa HealthCare Blog
Agfa, the Agfa rhombus, XERO and Xtend are trademarks of Agfa-Gevaert N.V. Belgium or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
All information contained herein is intended for guidance purposes only, and characteristics of the products and services described in this publication can be changed at any time without notice. Products and services may not be available for your local area. Please contact your local sales representative for availability information. Agfa HealthCare diligently strives to provide as accurate information as possible, but shall not be responsible for any typographical error.
Only the English version of this press release is legally valid. The versions in other languages only represent a translation of the original English version.