The British Institute of Radiology is a multidisciplinary membership organisation connecting professionals within imaging and radiation oncology, and providing you with educational events, publications and online resources.....
We help you meet your learning and CPD objectives, improve outcomes for patients, build your career and become a more active participant in your professional community. Our members exchange ideas, share expertise, and gain new perspectives, insight and knowledge.
We offer our members a range of benefits including:
• Large discounts on training events. Our events are delivered as lecture-based, interactive workshops or a mix of both. They appeal to radiologists, radiographers, medical physicists/scientists, and oncologists at all levels.
• Free access to our family of journals: BJR, BJR|case reports and BJR|Open, which publish papers across the whole of the radiological sciences, including radiology, radiation oncology, radiobiology, medical physics, nuclear medicine and allied areas.
BIR members are also eligible for discounts on journals’ Author Processing Charges (APCs).
• Became part of our community and have the opportunity to meet and network with like-minded professionals and experts.
• Access to free monthly webinars with reflective learning opportunities and interaction with other participants. Available for you to watch at any time from any device.
• Opportunities to join a range of online multidisciplinary special interest groups (SIGs) with the aim of supporting the sharing of knowledge and influencing the development of good practice.
And many more…
Plan 1 = members earning above £50,000**
Plan 2 = members earning less than £49,999
Retired £30.00 (Fully retired from professional practice. Part time and semi-retired professionals should opt for Plan 1 or Plan 2)
£40.00 (Postgraduate students and trainees based in the UK and Eire)
£1 (Full time UK-based undergraduates)
*The BIR reserves the right to verify status if required.
** As a guide, anyone on NHS Band 8a (point scale 39) or above, or equivalent.
We recommend you use Chrome as your browser when joining online.