When you join the BIR you will widen your knowledge and horizons.
Get involved and you will mix with other disciplines within the imaging community. By joining us, you can add to your CV, advance your career and learn how to be more successful at what you do.
ADVANCE YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND LEARNING
- Get free online access to BJR, the BIR’s flagship multidisciplinary journal, and BJR|case reports
- Get 25% discount on charges for BJR open access option if you’re the corresponding author
- Get 45% discount on BJR|case reports open access charges
- Free online access to Imaging, an archive of articles up to 2014 from the educational review journal on diagnostic imaging
- Gain free online access to the entire back catalogue of BJR and its predecessor journals, beginning with the Archives of Clinical Skiagraphy in 1896
- Receive a complimentary subscription to HealthManagement.org - the journal, (print and online) and to the dedicated online portal with access to its libraries of journals
- 25% discount on BIR books and 15% off Wisepress publications.
DEVELOP YOUR CPD PORTFOLIO AND BECOME MORE SUCCESSFUL IN YOUR FIELD
- Attend our one or multi-day seminars and workshops, “Hands-On” interactive events and Annual Congress and enjoy substantial member discounts.
- Meet other members from all the professions in the field at every level (consultant radiologists, radiographers, physicists and clinical scientists)
- Free monthly webinars with reflective learning opportunities and interaction with other participants from your computer or laptop
- Free access to a range of on demand podcasts and filmed lectures
- CPD via MCQs in BJR
- Take advantage of the BIR’s Information Services Helpline to assist with your research
- Make use of free access to Primal Pictures multimedia 3D anatomy software, an invaluable downloadable teaching and learning resource
- Use medical databases such as MEDLINE and CINAHL Plus to access full text articles in relevant online journals.
- Free access to online radiology, nuclear medicine and oncology journals
STAND APART FROM THE CROWD, ADD TO YOUR CV AND ENHANCE YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Opportunities to join a range of online multidisciplinary special interest groups (SIGs) to give you access to your fellow professionals and support the sharing of knowledge and influence the development of good practice
- Opportunities to join a SIG management committee to support the development of scientific meetings and guidance documents
- Free optional membership of the International Radiation Protection Association (IRPA)
- FREE membership for all trainees to the American Roentgen Ray Society and discounted rate for all other members, giving access to AJR and other benefits
- Special discount on membership of the Royal Society of Medicine and Institute of Physics
- Apply for a range of bursaries and awards via the BIR’s annual prizes and awards programme, much of it sponsored by industry.
- The BIR home insurance scheme with our special arrangement with Lloyd & Whyte
- Receive our monthly e-newsletter that rounds up essential BIR news and keeps you abreast of current developments and latest thinking in the imaging community.
- Browse job vacancies online via our ‘Jobs Board’.
Fee-paying subscriptions to the BIR are renewed on the anniversary of your joining date.
A renewal notice will be sent to you prior to this date. The preferred method of payment is by direct debit or online payment by credit or debit card (including American Express). Payment can also be made by cheque drawn on a UK bank account.
The annual renewal process is an ideal opportunity for our members to log in to their BIR account and update their personal details.
Read our membership terms and conditions