The BIR has been involved in a working party to produce new guidance on IR(ME)R Implications for clinical practice in diagnostic imaging, interventional radiology and diagnostic nuclear medicine.
This vital guidance which supports everyone working in medical and non-medical exposures in clinical settings seeks to explain how the requirements of the regulations should be interpreted and used in practice. It explains the principles and requirements of IR(ME)R, providing clinical scenarios to enable practical interpretation of the regulations.
Other societies involved were:
- British Society of Paediatric Radiology
- Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine
- Medical Exposures Group, Public Health England
- Royal College of Radiologists
- Society and College of Radiographers
Download the guidance here