The AI and Innovations SIG (previously known as the Clinical Intelligence and Informatics SIG) is a stimulating forum for everyone working with and setting up information systems supporting radiological diagnostic or therapeutic practices. One of the aims is to explore how data can be better harnessed to improve clinical outcomes.
Image: AI Congress 2023
Latest SIG news – August 2023
- The SIG are contributing once again to the BIR’s Annual Congress with a fascinating AI stream, led by Amrita Kumar, Gerald Lip and Christina Malamateniou. Book your place now – early bird rates end 2 September. BIR Annual Congress 2/3 November 2023
The SIG have been very busy over the last 12 months:
- They ran an excellent AI stream for the BIR Annual Congress in 2022
- Their own annual AI Congress took place on 23/24 March 2023 and had been very successful, receiving excellent feedback for educational content and great speakers.
- The group also launched a new AI webinar series at their Congress in March 2023. Ina partnership with Health Education England NHS Digital Academy produced a freely available webinar series: Artificial Intelligence Education Essentials aimed at providing all healthcare workers with a basic understanding of AI. Read more and see what the series has to offer.
In other news:
- The BIR are progressing well with plans to launch a new AI Journal at the beginning of 2024. The new journal will be fully Open Access and will open for submissions soon. Watch out for more details soon.
- BIR membership has continued a steady growth pattern, and we are delighted to advise that numbers have now topped 4,000 – a huge milestone for the BIR!
- If you haven’t already, please check out the BIR’s variety of video courses. Special rates for BIR members and group packages are available.
- Effective communication with your patient in imaging and therapy. This video course launched early this year and has been very popular with a broad appeal.