The AI and Innovations SIG (previously known as the Clinical Intelligence and Informatics SIG) is a stimulating forum for everyone working with and setting up information systems supporting radiological diagnostic or therapeutic practices. One of the aims is to explore how data can be better harnessed to improve clinical outcomes.
Image: Left to right - Sri Redla, Vijay Jayaram, Stephen Townrow, Hannah Cantwell
Latest SIG news – August 2021
- Annual AI event 2022 – we are planning to hold the event in March and the meeting will be led by Amrita Kumar and Gerald Lip. The programme is likely to include posters and proffered papers and include an industry perspective. Watch out for further details soon.
- We are also planning an event on Data and PACS 2, which we hope to run later in 2022.
- Our SIG collaborated with ICRI and IRIA on an event that took place on 1 August 2021. The BIR President, Dr Sridhar Redla. and Professor Sanjay Gandhi, both members of this SIG, were among the speakers.
- BIR Annual Congress 2021 – this will now take place online 4/5 November 2021 and once again there will be a stream on AI, led by this SIG. Other topics covered are: MSK and Trauma, Leadership & Wellbeing, Therapeutic oncology, Incidentalomas with incidental findings, Radiation issues facing frontline staff, and Learning from experts and errors.
- If you haven’t already, do take advantage of the BIR’s excellent video courses. Currently, we have two courses available to purchse, wtih special rates for BIR members: Radiation Safety 2021 and Dose 2021.
- You can now watch events that you may have missed with pay-to-view in the Online Learning Library. BIR Members enjoy special rates.
- BJR Impact Factor – this has increased by an astonishing 38% from 2.196 to3.039.