The Magnetic Resonance Special Interest Group (SIG) advises the BIR on all matters relating to magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy.
The SIG also provides comment and advice regarding regulatory and research developments relating to MRI.
Read more about management group members
Download useful resources here:
MRI and my pacemaker (downloadable version)
MRI and my pacemaker (photocopy version)
MRI and my pacemaker (printable version)
MR Safety is important all year round but we use MR Safety week (the last week in July) to remind ourselves of important advice and best practice and to prevent accidents happening.
This July we produced a series five advice sheets to support people working in MR Imaging to keep themselves and their patients safe in the MRI room.
Safety Advice sheets from 2018 to 2022 are all available for you to download.
Latest SIG News - August 2023
In other news:
- BIR Annual Congress 2/3 November 2023 - Book your place now – early bird rates end 2 September. Of particular interest to this SIG, the programme will include a stream on New opportunities in MRI (led by BIR President, Stephen Keevil and Geoff Charles-Edwards, MR SIG Vice Chair)
- The BIR are progressing well with plans to launch a new AI Journal at the beginning of 2024.
- The new journal will be fully Open Access and will open for submissions soon.
- The BIR membership has continued a steady growth pattern, and we are delighted to advise that numbers have now topped 4000 – a huge milestone for the BIR!
- If you haven’t already, please check out the BIR’s variety of video courses. Special rates for BIR members and group packages are available. Of specific interest to this group is the video course on MRI Essentials
- Effective communication with your patient in imaging and therapy. This video course launched early this year and has been very popular with a broad appeal.