The Leadership and Management Special Interest Group aims to develop and deliver educational events and materials for those professionals in the multidisciplinary team who are working or looking towards management and leadership roles.
SIG Management Group
Latest SIG news August 2023
- Dr Elizabeth Loney, who has chaired the SIG since it was launched in 2019, has stepped down from the group to focus on other things. Warm thanks to Elizabeth, who has achieved much in this role and the SIG is now well-established.
- Although we are sad to say goodbye to Elizabeth, we are also excited to welcome Dr Elly Castellano as the new Chair of the group. You can read more about Elly here.
- The group are planning to put together a webinar series, starting with ‘How to get the most out of a medical physics department’. Other ideas include: CQC inspections, The pandemic – how we did; How to finance the purchase of imaging equipment with tight budgets.
- The theme for the next Leadership event in 2024 is likely to be Sustainability in Radiology. More details will follow soon.
In other news:
- BIR Annual Congress 2/3 November 2023 - Book your place now – early bird rates end 2 September.
- The BIR are progressing well with plans to launch a new AI Journal at the beginning of 2024.
- The new journal will be fully Open Access and will open for submissions soon.
- The BIR membership has continued a steady growth pattern, and we are delighted to advise that numbers have now topped 4000 – a huge milestone for the BIR!
- If you haven’t already, please check out the BIR’s variety of video courses. Special rates for BIR members and group packages are available.
- Effective communication with your patient in imaging and therapy. This video course launched early this year and has been very popular with a broad appeal
The author of this book is Professor Dirk Pickuth, an international BIR member who sits on the Management Group of the Leadership and Management SIG.
The book provides a unique first-hand perspective on healthcare leadership and management, from a practitioner, for practitioners.
Click here to read the reviews and find links to purchase the book.
All royalties from the sale of the book will be donated to the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity.