The BIR Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging SIG is a multidisciplinary team of dedicated and passionate nuclear medicine physicians, radionuclide radiologists, radiologists, radiographers, technologists, clinical scientists/physicists, radiopharmacists, and other clinical practitioners.
The SIG promotes and facilitates teaching and research in nuclear medicine and molecular Imaging. The committee regularly organises scientific meetings to meet the educational needs of medical imaging professionals (from trainees through to consultants).
Image taken at the annual Theranostics event in 2019
Latest SIG News - March 2021
The SIG management group’s first meeting of the year in early March took place via videoconference and was well attended and productive.
- A meeting on Dementia is planned for 4 October 2021 – more information available soon.
- SPECT CT –we hope to be able to organise a face to face event in early 2022
- A follow up State-of-the-Art event is also planned early 2022– January 2022 (SN)
- Also of interest to this SIG will be the virtual event – Current Trends in Nuclear Cardiology taking placce 3 June 2021. The BIR will be working in association with American Society of Nuclear Cardiology.
Recent events held
The SIG organised three virtual meetings during 2021:
- Theranostics Update 2021 on 21 January
- State-of-the-art nuclear medicine and pipeline industry developmentson 22 January. Catch up some of the talks in our Online Learning Library.
- BIR/IDUG 2020 – find the lectures in our OLL – simply type IDUG in the search bar.
- Do view the suite of PET-CT webinars that is available on our Online Learning Library.
- A new series of webinars on radionuclide therapy is also in progress – more details will follow.
Other BIR activities and resources
- Pre-funded Open access publishing- you can now publish your work in BJR or DMFR at no cost to you as long as the corresponding author is affiliated to a participating university. Find out more here
- The BIR has launched a series of video courses and the first two are now available to purchase: Radiation Safety 2021 and Dose 2021 Part 1 “Understanding the principles of optimisation and safety”. Dose 2021 Part 2 “Optimisation and safety in practice” will follow in a few weeks. Special rates for BIR members and group packages are available. The next course we are working on, with help from this SIG, is PET-CT.
- Check out the BIR’s impressive collection of videos and courses in the Online Learning Library (OLL). Pay per view will be available for all our events soon.
- The 2020 Annual Congress was adapted to a virtual format and was the most successful to date. If you missed it, many of the presentations can be found in the Online Learning Library